Staying focused in times of challenge can be extremely difficult, and let’s be honest it can be hard to keep focused on your goals with Christmas around the corner.
events in our lives whether that be a work setback, challenge in the family, or ill health, just to name a few, can leave you feeling tired, stressed, and lacking focus.
Even Christmas itself, from getting presents, to end of year shenanigans, this time of year can present with numerous time management challenges.
Being able to keep focused on your goals whilst having countless events on the calendar and trying to cram it all in can impede our progress and our focus.
In fact no matter how much we genuinely believe we don’t have enough time in our day to focus on actioning our goals, the more we believe that the deck is stacked against us.
That is, unless we permit it too.
You will never have this day again, so make it count.
So how do we stay focused when challenges present?
By having a strategy that fits for you!
So today I would like to share a few of my success strategies that have assisted me over the past few years to help keep you focused and on track with living your healthy lifestyle and achieving your goals.
Strategy 1: 80/20 Rule
When eating try to use the 80/20 rule for your week, where your eating healthy for 80% of the time then allow yourself to have those little indulgences here and there when your with friends or out for dinner the other 20%. You should find then that you create greater ground rules and tend to stick to them easier.
We are all human so don’t be too hard on yourself, however be sure to draw that line when it needs to be drawn, and know your limits.
This also means creating downtime when you need it. I love a good book and cup of tea to replenish and recharge which works wonders for the energy and soul.
Strategy 2: Keep your focus
There are times where we can get caught up with our focus in other areas or find ourselves easily side tracked, and let’s be honest distraction is in fact everywhere!
I am a great advocate for this because being an ideas person I used to find myself diverting off task, focusing my energy and time on a project, then get another great idea only to leave that project half finished and starting the new one. It can be easy to lose focus on our goals, even if it is a simple lifestyle distraction.
So set clear benchmarks of laser focus and allocate specific time frames of when you choose to work on your projects, as well as deadlines to make sure you complete them.
In order to keep your focus, especially when exercising and eating healthy I find that what helps me focus is keeping the end in mind and being super clear on what and how you want that to be, because when you have clarity around why you do what you do and what you ultimately want to achieve then it will then reflect the types of lifestyle decisions you will make in the moment of now.
For example if weight loss is your goal, then live true to that goal and value it by reinforcing your lifestyle decisions in making it happen i.e. committing to 3 PT sessions a week, and eating clean fresh healthy foods, avoiding packaged products as much as you can whilst drinking water each day, or taking that fruit platter for Christmas dessert etc…
Strategy 3: Aim for a positive mindset
Being aware of our thoughts and the influence it can have on our behavior is a huge key to success. In fact lifestyle stress alone can have major impact on our mindset and what we think, and where we focus.
Be sure to take note of what you tell yourself, and what you choose focus on.
For example; it could be ‘I’m too busy to go for that walk today, or I’ll wait until tomorrow’, instead work ways around that with possibility language like, ‘that’s ok I have a bit on my plate today, so I am doing my walk first thing and the rest will follow’ etc.
Our language is extremely powerful so use it wisely.
There you have it team, 3 strategies to help keep you focused on your goals and overcome the Christmas Craze, have an excellent Christmas and happy new year.
Remember, It’s your time, make it count.
Want to increase your productivity?
Find out more by clicking the link below.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.